Harmony Starts is an creative agri-business devoted to helping you grow organic food and teaching people the ABCs of GMOs so that the public can make an educated choice when buying food.
Harmony Starts is in its seedling stage! Sincere hope grows as ideas further develop regarding a business thats rooted in helping others, education and local economy.
As stewards of the land, we use organic practices while helping people learn and expand upon growing their own edible landscapes.
Our primary focus in this seedling stage is to educate people on GMOs (genetically modified foods), their health risks and what we can do to participate in the most important food fight of our lives.
With a passion in horticulture and teaching others how to grow, we are convinced that the local food movement is imperative to our survival as a species.
You can find us at farmer’s markets, music festivals and on the internet. We are happy to answer your vegetable and herb gardening questions in addition to answering questions and helping facilitate action against a corrupt food system, largely run by the biotech corporations through GMOs.
- Use organic growing methods
- Seeds – organic, non-gmo, heirloom, open-pollinated
- Consume and support other growers who are non gmo and organic
- Conscious selection of materials that are sustainable
- Use local products and merchants
- Promote alternative energy and conservation strategies;
- Empower people to become self-reliant, self sufficient growers.
- Honor Nature whenever we extract or consume
- Create a healthy workplace environment where workers’ contributions and ideas are valued
Who we are
Erin Shroll has her Masters of Science in Horticulture from Oregon State University. She has experience running greenhouses using hydroponics, permaculture and organic methods, and managing farmers markets. She has installed several projects using Green Roof/Living Roof technologies and growing up with carpenters, she has a passion for building, specifically with natural building practices.
Natashia Kruse is a homesteader of 20 years now with experience raising a diversity of vegetables, free-range chickens and three amazing children. Natashia is passionate about vegetarian home-cooking, using local, organic produce and music.